Skip to main content

Just a little something

So here is the second short story I have written and a song that I wanted to post along with it that I created in my Music Production class last year. The song took about two months to create and mix on a program called Reason, and I know it's not perfect, but it's what I could complete in time to turn in before the quarter ended. All instruments are played by me via a MIDI keyboard into the program's interface, where I had pretty much set up a studio within the computer. Mixing took forever to learn and was the most difficult part of it, but I got it done just in time. It is best to listen to the song with headphones. Hopefully I can get back to writing music soon.
With the story, it was written a couple of years ago during one of my prison stints, so it is still in rough, rough, rough draft mode, but I just wanted to transfer it from paper to computer in case I ever lose it (as I have a tendency to do with most stuff I own). The dialogue is scarce, and the detail is...well...not detailed, but I did my best and just wanted to get my idea down on paper. My first short (and longer) story and another song will be coming later once I am done editing the story, but for now please enjoy these and leave some comments if you feel compelled to do so. Thanks!

Contagicide (the story) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmLRgoIiNDRlJAPSNB9feGcQjzlL8nPT/view?usp=sharing

Minor Storm (the song) - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7X8QhyOZvFSTTNUMGM5aFpTMFE

If it doesn't work, let me know and I will send you a private message or email to see if we can get-er-done that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life In Death Chapter 1

Life In Death “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” -Norman Cousins Chapter One             My brother and I sat in the near-bare hospital room and watched my father breathe his last living breaths. Months before this moment, the doctors had told us all that there was nothing to stop the cancer now, that there were no more lung snippets to take without suffocating the man I had grown to respect. Weeks later, he made this hospital bed permanent, shrinking into it like a deflating blow-up doll. Minutes prior to his final living breath, my father spoke his last words, which were simply, “It’s about time.” We sat there now, waiting for the flat line, and the answer to our long awaited question.             It finally came, and the high-pitched tone of the machine was deafening. We bowed our heads in respect ...

Once - Part I

Once – Written in prison, 4/15/2016 Part I             Once I was four years old, still doing whatever I was told. Bold as ever, always thinking I was clever, and never quite sold to the fact that I had to grow old. I shed tears over petty fears with my head always near my momma’s chest, telling her my best lies with my loud cries just to get what I thought I always wanted but really just wanting to be held near and dear to her heart. Back then, things were easy, always so breezy, I wasn’t yet crazy or lazy, but yet it was still crazy and zany how time would fly by, but maybe, just maybe, I didn’t have to grow old after all. I can, like Peter Pan, stay small.             But then I turned five and my long days at preschool arrived. I was cast down from momma’s arms, trying to tread head first, not trying to cause no harm. I had a yearning for learning, dove head first...

Freeskate

Here's something a little different.. just a little trip down memory lane for me. Enjoy! Freeskate – Written 6/15/16             They sit right where I left them, dustless and in pristine condition, on the third shelf from the bottom on top of the wooden rack in our three-car garage. Right next to the old Tonka truck that didn’t get sold at last year’s yard sale. The price sticker reads ten dollars; I would have said twenty. They sit above the old camping tent that popped a hole two years back, dumbing the night’s contents atop our sleeping heads. It still smells of musty pine. They sit below my brother’s own pair, which he traded way back when for a dream of a new set of wheels that now waits for him out in the driveway—it’s a Honda. They sit there waiting for me as the school week ends and the weekend begins, bringing with it the opportunities of freedoms and adventures yet to come.       ...