Skip to main content

The Ultimate Script, Part I


The Ultimate Script: Inspired by Dave Barry – Written in jail, 4/24/15
Episode One – The Harshest of Tones
Starring:
Liam Neeson
Jason Statham
Voice of Reason Woman
Jack Bauer
Wise Black Lady
Batman

(Begin Scene) We enter into the scene on an airplane in midflight. The cabin is dark and most people aboard are sleeping. Others bob their heads to music or are talking quietly. We zoom in on a man sitting in his seat, reading a magazine. We pan to another man talking to the pretty woman next to him. The camera then pans behinds him to show our main man, Liam, sipping from a flask that he reached out of his pocket. His phone then buzzes, alerting him of a text.

Text: Hello Liam.
Liam’s text: Who is this?
Text: If you want to know, you’ll have to play my game to figure it out.
Liam’s text: What game? What do you want?
Text: I have your daughter. If you want to ever see her again, you’ll need to wire me one million dollars. If you do not comply, one person will die every half hour.
Liam (out loud): Oh God.
Woman sitting next to Liam: Excuse me?
Liam: Sorry, it’s nothing.
Woman: Say, aren’t you Li–
Liam: No, you must be mistaken.
Liam text: I won’t be taken for a fool. (He turns off his phone.)
            A stewardess rolls a cart up and hands Liam a note, which he takes with caution.
Note: You won’t escape this time Liam. There’s a bomb on the plane. If you don’t do as I ask, we’ll all die in one hour.
Liam (to the stewardess): Miss, how did you–
Stewardess: It’s best not to question plot holes. (She walks away in a hurry.)
            Liam switches his phone back on. There is one new message.
Text: You have ten minutes until the first person dies. Tick tock.
Liam (out loud): Damnit.
Woman next to Liam: Excuse me?
Liam: Sorry, it’s nothing.
Voice of Reason Woman: Seems to me, sir, that you’re stressed. We’re strangers, and we’ve never spoken before this, but I’m sure that I can help you solve all of your problems.
Liam: You probably can. Thank you woman of reason. My name is Liam Neeson. My daughter has been taken, you see, and unless I pay him a ridiculous amount of money that I don’t have and that I can’t get, someone on this plane will die every ten minutes. Plus there’s a bomb on board.
            Liam takes another drink.
Woman: Maybe you should take it easy on that.
Liam (loudly): I can’t! I’m a suffering single dad who used to work for the CIA and who just lost his wife to a suicide. You see, what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over–
Woman (interrupting): –a very long career, yes, I’ve heard. I’m sorry to hear about your wife. Let me see your phone.
            Liam hands over his phone and the woman begins to read the texts.
Woman: He said ‘we’ll all die.’ That means he’s got to be on the plane with us.
            Liam stands instantly and begins to look around and search the faces of others.
Liam (softly): I don’t understand. Why me?
Woman: Excuse me? What’d you say? It’s really hard to understand you when you speak quietly. Whenever I watch your movies, I have to turn the volume way up.
Liam (loudly): Damnit woman! This isn’t a movie! This is my life!
Woman: That’s better.
The man in front of Liam stops his conversation with the pretty woman next to him and turns around.
Man: What’s all the bloody ruckus about?
Liam: Jason? What are you doing here?
Jason: I was cast, what do you fuckin’ think, you twat?
Liam: Oh.
Woman: Jason Statham?
Jason Statham (quietly): Bloody right. Now what’s the issue here?
Woman: I’m sorry, could you speak up a little? You see, when I watch your movies, both of you, you’re really hard to understand because of the way you speak.
Liam and Jason (simultaneously): Because we’re from the UK?
Woman: No, no, no, that’s not it. It’s just. . .never mind. There’re more pressing matters at hand.
Liam: She’s right, there’s a bomb on the plane. I’m going to contact the CIA to see if they can trace the texts.
Jason: A bomb?! Let’s move to the bloody back of the plane to talk more privately.
            They all stand and walk towards the stewardess’ area.
Jason: This is better.
Liam (opening a cabinet full of liquor): Yeah it is.
Jason: Take it easy, man.
Liam: You don’t understand, Jason. I’m a single and suffering old alcoholic who–
Jason (cutting Liam off): Where do you think this bomb could be? And why did they choose you?
Liam: People like to take my daughter. I just don’t get it! I have a very partic–
Jason: Yes, so I’ve bloody heard only a thousand times.
Woman: I don’t understand.
Jason: What is it now?
Woman: No, I mean I haven’t understood a word you guys have said since we moved back here.
Jason (loudly): Fuckin’ Jesus!
Woman: That’s better.
            Liam’s phone goes off. It shows two new messages. Liam reads them both aloud.
Text1: Tick tock. Five more minutes on the clock.
Text2: This is the CIA. The bomber is definitely onboard. Our experts say that they are most likely using the newly developed Nuclear Ionizing Photon Synthesizer, or NIPS, for short. It is very powerful stuff. Please be careful.
Woman: Why did they say ‘This is the CIA?’ Do they usually announce themselves like that? And NIPS? Really?
Jason: They’re right; I transported one once. Very powerful stuff.
Liam (still looking at his phone): That’s not all. The CIA just sent another text. They say they usually come in pairs. There are probably two on board.
Jason (quietly): Two NIPS? Oh, tits. . .
Woman: What’s that?
Jason: Fuckin’ hell.
The woman just shakes her head in disbelief and the camera pans down the aisle, showing rows and rows of uninformed passengers.
—Commercial—

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin Red - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 I don’t tell my brother about my date but leave the restaurant right on time to go home and get changed. On the way to the hotel where Eric is staying, something feels off. My brother’s words have more of an impact than I could have expected and begin to weigh down on me heavily. He had never completely cleared up what he was trying to get at, but I get the idea that his thoughts went deeper than his words. Now, this feeling in my gut can either be the clams I’d eaten or just intuition talking, with both telling me to turn around and go back home. What I really want is Bill, not this Eric character, but Bill and I were incomplete. There is a crack in our foundation that threatens to crumble what we have built if I push too hard and too fast. I need to solidify our base, and for that, I suppose people like Eric come in handy. I’ll do anything to make myself feel complete. I arrive on time, nervous yet eager to get it over with. I wear the same outfit on all of my fi

Icepick

Some recent friends of mine have been posting memories from their past, so I decided to type out an old writing from my prison book. I’ve been slowly transferring all of them to electronic format, but I’m definitely not getting them out as quickly as I would like. Good friends of mine know about my memory issues, and writing helps me remember, so here’s one of the few sober memories that I’ve been able to retain. I know it’s a little long, and that this generation only has the attention span akin to gnats and only like to read shorthand, emojis, and memes, but bear with me. More to come. Icepick – Written 6/11/16             It was the summer of 2010, I believe, and a part of me wishes that I could call it a simpler time. I lived at a place called “Madhouse,” and for anonymity purposes, we’ll just keep it at that. Why is it called Madhouse? Because the place is a fucking madhouse—don’t ask stupid questions. In actuality, it is a series of houses, and I was lucky enough to l

Here, Have an Egg

Ohh the anxiety-ridden, all-knowing teenager  years. This is one of the first writings of a memory I wrote years ago.  Here, Have an Egg – Written 5/21/15             At the very beginning of my rebellious days as a teenager, one of the first acts of proving my solitude and the transition into manhood was learning to sneak out of the house, successfully. I was well into my first year of high school and my girlfriend at the time—let’s call her Liz—yearned to partake with me in this mischievous task so that we could both “hang out” more intimately. Not seeing any other way around it, and being the eager fifteen year old that I was, I succumbed to my pubescent urges and complied.             My parents were three years divorced, and at the time, lived in the same city still so that it would make it easier for my brother and I to travel back and forth from each of their houses week by week. My brother never seemed to mind it so much, mostly because he could drive, which in turn